Dalian International Marathon
Formerly known as “Olympic Day” long-distance running initiated by International Olympic Committee since 1987, Dalian International Marathon is one of the oldest marathon events in China.
In the past 30 years Dalian International Marathon witnessed the ever-changing city landscape in Dalian, and gradually grew itself into a signature event and one of the most influential events in China. Besides, DIM is now a member event of AIMS and a labeled event authorized by IAAF.
Under the wise guidance of CCP Dalian Committee and Dalian Municipal Government, and with the support and engagement from all circles and citizens, Dalian International Marathon achieved continuous and healthy development in the past three decades. As one of the big events accommodating both healthy and disabled people that encourage professional and mass participation, DIM attracts thousands of marathoners and fans from all over the world to celebrate the annual event in Dalian, a city known for its sports spirit. With its advantages in comprehensiveness, internationalism and competitiveness and inclusiveness, DIM has become a platform that showcases local cityscape, boosts citizens’ morale, enhances international exchanges and facilitates economic growth.
We all have a date with Dalian where passion is unleashed. Standing at the starting point of the 31st Dalian International Marathon, let’s joint hands and write a new chapter in the history of Dalian with the spirit of marathon – go for it and never stop running!
(I) Age limit and registration quota
1. Age limit for Men/Women Personal Marathon and Men’s Wheelchair Marathon is 20 years old and above (born in 1998). Registration quota is limited to 12000, until full.
2. Age limit for Men/Women Half Marathon is 18 years old and above (born in 2000). Registration quota is limited to 13000, until full.
3. Age limit for Men/Women Wheelchair Half Marathon, Men/Women Marathon Relay and 10km Fitness Run is 16 years old and above (born in 2002). Registration quota is limited to 3000, until full.
4. Age limit for Men/Women Min-Marathon is 13 years old and above (born in 2005). Registration quota is limited to 2000, until full.
Physical condition requirements
Marathon is a high-intensity and high-risk long distance competitive sports event. Participants should be healthy and tempered with long-term training and running exercises, and therefore they should choose a proper event according to their own physical conditions and capabilities.
Patients with the following diseases should not participate in the competition
1. Congenital heart diseases and rheumatic heart diseases;
2. Hypertension and cerebrovascular diseases;
3. Myocarditis and other heart diseases;
4. Coronary artery disease and severe arrhythmia;
5. Diabetes mellitus with excessively high or low blood sugar;
6. Other diseases which are unsuitable for sports.
Registration can be done either by on-line application or on-site registration, mainly on-line.
Official website address for registration: The Official Website of Dalian International Marathon Competition http://www.dlmls.org.
Address for on-site registration: Dalian Citizen Fitness Center (No.1, Wusi Road, Xigang District, Dalian); Registration telephone: 0411-83602122, 83602789.
1. Time of registration
Participants can fill in the required registration information and pay registration fee by logging on the Dalian International Marathon Official Website Registration System.
2. Procedures of registration: Each participant shall carefully fill in and submit all required registration information, and shall be permitted eligibility for participation after having paid the registration fee. Before participation, all eligible participants shall consult the Dalian International Marathon Official Website to check for their own entry number and download and print the Registration Confirmation, which, in combination with the personal ID card or other valid certificates, shall constitute the only credence for obtaining issued items from Dalian International Marathon Organizing Committee before the competition begins. Therefore this Registration Confirmation should be kept well.
3. Both individual registration and group registration are acceptable. However, for the relay event the runners’ names must be filled in the order of their stations. During the registration, the participants shall submit for verification the Registration Form carrying the “Participation Statement”signed by themselves. The Registration Form of any participating group representing a unit shall be affixed with the official seal of the unit.
4. All expenditure, including the traffic fee, board and lodging and any medical fee incurred during the competition, etc., shall be at the participants’ (teams’) own expense.
(1) For domestic (including Hong Kong, Macau and Taiwan) participants: Marathon – RMB 150 yuan per person; RMB 500 yuan per relay team; Half Marathon – RMB 120 yuan per person; 10km Fitness Run/Mini Marathon – RMB 50 yuan per person.
(2) For foreign participants: Marathon – 50 USD (RMB 330 yuan) per person ; 200 USD (RMB 1300 yuan) per relay team; Half Marathon – 30 USD (RMB 200 yuan) per person; 10km Fitness Run/Mini Marathon –20 USD (RMB 130 yuan) per person.
(3) CAA registered athletes shall sign in on the Official Website of Chinese Athletic Association.
(4) Foreign elite athletes invited to the competition shall comply with the Management Regulations for Inviting Foreign Elite Athletes to Participate in the Marathon Events Hosted in China.
No registration application will be acceptable after 17:00 March 31, and the Organizing Committee has the right to decide whether any registration shall be accepted according to the situation of registration.
Time and venue for collecting issued items
1. Venue for obtaining issued items: Indoor Badminton Court, First Floor, Dalian Citizen Fitness Center (No.1, Wusi Road, Xigang District, Dalian)
2. Time for obtaining issued items
(1) For Marathon, Half Marathon, Marathon Relay, 10km Fitness Run and Mini Marathon: Athletes shall obtain the issued items between 8:30 and 17:00 on May 8 and May 11, or between 8:00 and 20:00 on May 12 by producing their Registration Confirmation and ID Card, or other valid certificates.
(2) Athletes participating in the Wheelchair Marathon and Wheelchair Half Marathon shall obtain the issued items between 8:30 and 17:00 on May 10 and May 11, or between 8:00 and 20:00 on May 12.
Any overdue collection shall be considered as a case of voluntary waiver without replacement.