- This event has passed.
Dawn2Dusk – Virtual Event – Running or Cycling – 3 Person Team Event
This is a team event. A team consists of three people only. You must enter your team into one of two disciplines. These are;
– On Foot (running/walking)
Your team cannot mix disciplines (ie if you enter your team ‘On Foot’, none of your team can cycle and vice versa).
You and your team must then see how many kilometers you can clock up between dawn and dusk. For the purposes of making this inclusive to all those around the world, the start and finish times are set at 06:00 (6am) and 18:00 (6pm), wherever you are taking on the challenge. You have 12 hours to go as far as you can. Your total distance will be the sum of the distance covered by all three of your team members.
Stefan, Mary and Jan cover 22km, 45km and 92km on foot. Their total distance and the one submitted to Ultra X will be 159km.
#Dawn2Dusk will take place on Saturday 13th March 2021.
As this is a truly global challenge we want to ensure that as many people around the planet can take part. The challenge is from dawn to dusk! You have 12 hours commencing at 06:00 and finishing at 18:00, wherever you are in the world.
The cost for entering this challenge is £21.50 per person (£64.50 per team).
For this you will receive:
- An exclusive #Dawn2Dusk medal
- A branded wristband (colour dependant on distance covered – see below)
- Individual and team rankings
- Prizes for the winner of each category
- Spot prizes for best posts/photos/interactions via social media/email and a random team grand prize!
- £1 per person will also go to a charity of your choosing (Mind 219830, Sporting Equals 1119365 or NHS Charities Together 1186569)
Finishers can select whether they would like one of our beautiful natural wooden eco medals made from sustainable wood stocks and of course designed with the Ultra X logo in the centre, or to make a donation to our sustainability partners Mossy Earth, who will plant a tree in your name in the Southern Carpathians.
There will be three team categories and you must enter your team into one of the below.
- Female teams (all members female)
- Male teams (all members male)
- Mixed teams (a combination of genders in any split)
All competitors will be contacted via email in the week before the challenge with details on exactly how you can upload results. A leaderboard will be published on 15th March.
In order to give you and your team something to aim for we have released the below targets. Depending on which figure your team passes, you will be sent a different colour wristband along with your medal. There will also be some big prizes for the teams that podium in each category, those that cover the furthest individually and spot prizes prizes for best posts/photos/interactions via social media/email.
On foot: (as a team in km)
- Less than 50km – white wristband
- 50km – blue wristband
- 125km – purple wristband
- 250km – black wristband (this band is known affectionately within the Ultra X community as the Black Mamba!)
Cycling: (as a team in km)
- Less than 150km – white wristband
- 150km – blue wristband
- 250km – purple wristband
- 500km – black wristband (this band is known affectionately within the Ultra X community as the Black Mamba!)
Now, there will probably be stronger and weaker people in your team but that’s part of the fun, you’ll have to cover, or be covered by your team mate(s).