- This event has passed.
eDreams Mitja Marató de Barcelona ( Barcelona Half Marathon)
February 10, 2019 @ 8:30 am - 1:00 pm CET
Barcelona Half Marathon 2019
The eDreams Mitja Marató de Barcelona 2019 does not live with its back to solidarity. For this reason, it encourages sports with values and offers you the possibility of supporting a social cause through the solidarity crowdfunding platform, migranodearena.org.
What we propose is very simple: add a solidarity challenge to your sport challenge and support the organization you prefer (NGO, foundation or association). In addition, for that you will have a compensation: a free solidarity number to participate in the marathon.
You can support the cause that interests you most: health and medical research, social exclusion, international cooperation, childhood, environment, etc. At migranodearena.org, there are more than 2.400 non-profit organizations to whom dedicate your marathon.
To get one of the free solidarity numbers available, you must create and lead a crowdfunding campaign in migranodearena.org and gather in a minimum of € 500 among friends, family and workmates. The amount collected, will be allocated to the organization you have decided to support.
How to get a free solidarity number?
To get a free number for the eDreams Mitja Marató de Barcelona 2019 you must:
1.Write an email to email@example.com with your personal information, confirming that you would like to reserve a solidarity number and detailing which organization you would like to support.
2.Create your solidarity challenge in migranodearena.org following these steps:
a.Enter migranodearena.org, sign-up or log in
b.Click the “Create your challenge” button
c.Select the category “Sports event” and the event “eDreams Mitja Marató de Barcelona 2019”
d.Choose the NGO you want to support
e.Describe your solidarity challenge: explain your story, add photos or videos, and establish the monetary objective.
f.Share your solidarity challenge: encourage all your friends and family to collaborate in your challenge to achieve the goal of € 500.
3.Migranodearena.org will manage your registration and once you have been registered, you will receive a confirmation email, the same way as if you had registered through the traditional way.
Examples of solidarity challenges of the eDreams Mitja Marató de Barcelona 2018:
Here you can see examples of the solidarity challenges led by runners on last year’s marathon.
Migranodearena.org contact information:
To book your solidarity number or ask for more information, you can contact migranodearena.org at firstname.lastname@example.org.
NUMBER (PICK UP)
Place: Fifth floor Arenas Shopping Centre. Gran Via de les Corts Catalanes, 373-385
Those registered can pick up their race bag with the number:
-Friday, 8th of February and Saturday the 9th of February from 10 AM to 8 PM.
-To collect the bib number and the chip, it is obligatory to show the ID card (or a photocopy in case of collecting the runner’s bag of another participant) together with the mail where it is indicated the number of your bib number. The runners’ bag can’t be collected the same day of the race.
We will not deliver race numbers the same day of the race.
HOSPITALITY FOR RUNNERS
Changing Rooms: Available at the Municipal Sports Center Estació del Nord.(C/Nàpols, 42-44), race day from 7 AM to 12 noon.
Recuperation and Massage Sessions at the Finish at the Municipal Sports Center Estació del Nord. (C/Nàpols, 42-44)
TO PARTICIPATE IS REQUIRED TO RUN WITH CHIP
– Race Day: Sunday, February 10th, 2019. Start/Finish line: Pg Pujades.
– The start will be staggered at 8:45 AM.
– The distance is 21,097 kilometers.
– The race is open to athletes of any nationality, federated or not. Participants must be at least 16 years old on race day. According to the regulations of the RFEA, different classifications will be made, both in male and female categories, according to the year of birth.
– Minors under the age of 18 and over 16 require the authorization of a parent or legal guardian in order to participate in the race. Previously they must send an email to email@example.com to request the authorization that must be completed and signed by the parents or legal guardians. The organization does not recognize a special category for minors.
– Every runner takes part in the marathon under his responsibility and has an enough level of physical condition to confront the race. It is not allowed the participation in modalities that don’t correspond to this athletics race as skates, bicycles, hand-bikes or/and electric wheelchair, among others.
– The start has been divided into sections in function of the best official Half Marathon time of each participant. Each section will be colour-coded and only those runners with a corresponding colour race number can start from that section.
– Three sports categories for disabilities are established: wheelchair, visual disability and intellectual disability.
– All visual disability people, who want to participate in the race, must register online (in the official website) and they will be the first ones in the start line. In order to get into the classifications and into the visual disability awards, they must send an email with a copy of the disability card attached to firstname.lastname@example.org , right after registering via online.
– The blind guides will run without chip and they must be identified. So they have to register into the follow email address: email@example.com giving all their personal details such as: name, surname, DNI or Passport number, date of birth, phone number and email address.
– All intellectual disability people who want to participate in the race must register via online (in the official website). In order to get into the classifications and into the intellectual disability awards, they must send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with the copy of the disability card attached, right after registering via online.
– All people who participate with wheelchair or with the running trolley, must register via online (in the official website) and they must be in the start line one hour before the race starts. It’s mandatory to send an email to email@example.com after registering in the website.
– The awards for the categories of wheelchairs, visual disabilities and intellectual disabilities will always take place as long as a minimum of 3 athletes complete the test, whether they are men or women. Prizes will be awarded on the same day of the race. You must address yourself to the podium area once the race is finished to find out the first, second and third position.
– The route is duly set out and marked at each kilometer. Water stations will be placed at kilometers 5, 10 and 15 (approximately).
– The maximum time to complete the race is 2 hours and 45 minutes. The sweep vehicle will move at the corresponding speed through kilometers 10 and 15. All athletes unable to finish under the maximum permitted time will not be provided with a classification result.
– To participate in the race it is obligatory to run with a timing chip. If you already have a yellow chip, you must indicate its code on the registration form. If you do not have a chip, the organization will provide one to be used for this event only. The bibs incorporates the chip in the form of a strip on the back of the number, so it can not be bent or manipulated. The bibs must be well visible in the trunk of the trunk during the entire race.
– Those registered can obtain a runner’s bag (with your race number and a single-use chip) on the days indicated in the section “Information”.
– If registered runners do not pick up their race number and runner’s bag within the times stipulated, they cannot be obtained by any other means and participation will be forfeited.
– Registration will only be valid once full payment has been made. Inscriptions will be opened until February 4th or, for security reasons of the circuit, up to the maximum number of 19.000 participants.
– The organization reserves the right to alter the route for external factors or for reasons beyond its control. The fulfillment of the designated route is at all times dependent upon possible official road improvements, which could cause inevitable last-minute changes of a minor character on race day. They will not, however, affect the official distance.
– Participants explicitly give permission to the organization to publish their first name, surname, sex and date of birth in the official registration list, as well as on the results list, as long as they finish the race according to the established norms.
– Registration to the Mitja Marató is personal and non-transferable and implies acceptance of these regulations. Under no circumstances may another person, friend or family member be transferred or sold on the grounds of not being able to attend the day of the race. Any breach of this condition may invalidate your participation in the event and the organization reserves the right to exclude you from participation in future events.
– The eDreams Mitja Marató Barcelona’s organization will not refund the registration fee on account of injury and/or disease before, during or after the race, or for any other purpose. Under no circumstances may the registration be saved for future editions.
-After having taken the race number in the place indicated by the organization, the t-shirt will be given by order of collection, until the end of the existences. The organization can’t guarantee the size because the order and manufacture of t-shirts is done prior to the registration deadline
-The fact of registering in the Race supposes the acceptance of this Regulation. The organization will decide on any incident that has not been foreseen according to the regulation of long distance races of the Catalan Federation of Athletincs (http://www.fcatletisme.cat/Ruta) as well as the regulation IAAF.
Day: Sunday, February 10th, 2019
Starting Time and Place:> 8:45 AM. Pg. de Pujades
Finishing Time (Time limit): 11:30 AM
Route: START: Pg. Pujades – P. Picasso – Av. Marqués Argentera – P. Isabel II – P. Colon – Josep Carné – Pl.Drassanes – Paral.lel – Entença – Gran Via – Bailén – Ronda Sant Pere – P. Sant Joan – P.Lluís Companys – B. Muñoz – Pallars – Llacuna – Perú – Josep Pla – Gran Via – Rambla Prim – Diagonal sentit Llobregat – Espronceda – Diagonal sentit Besós – Plaça llevant – P. Taulat – Selva de mar – P. Garcia Faria – P. Calvell – Av. Litoral – Port Olímpic -Arquitecte Sert – Salvador Espriu – Marina – Pujades.