Eton Sprints Weekend 2023
May 13 - May 14
Eton Sprints Weekend| Saturday 13 & Sunday 14 May 2023
The Eton Sprints are the traditional start of the triathlon season, welcoming competitors and supporters to Dorney Lake annually every May. The core distance options available are usually Sprint and SuperSprint. It’s the first of three events in the Dorney Lake series, followed by Banana (1 July 2023) and Season Finale (17 September 2023). The series is organised by Human Race, who have over 30 years of experience in putting on high-quality, enjoyable, and safe triathlon events.
Where is the event?
Dorney Lake in Eton, just to the west of London, is the ideal setting for a triathlon. The 2012 London Olympic venue attracts thousands of triathletes a year with it’s clear, calm, clean water to swim in and flat, car-free bike and run course.
When is the event?
Eton Sprints 2023 takes place on Saturday 13th, and Sunday 14th May.
REGISTRATION MARQUEE OPEN FROM 07:15
Register and collect your race pack, which has the following:
- Race numbers to be pinned to your front or on a race belt so you can easily switch it from rear for the bike course to the front for the run course
- Numbered wristband for transition entrance/exit. This will be removed by our crew when you leave transition with your bike and kit for the last time.
- Sticky numbers for the front of your helmet and bike
- Timing Chip – Velcro strap needs to be collected before leaving the registration marquee
To collect your event pack, you MUST show a photo ID and your registration QR code. Please ensure you have registered a minimum of 1 hour before your wave. Please attach all numbers before entering the transition. Bikes are racked by wave.
Your electronic timing chip should be securely fastened to your left ankle. To attach, fasten the Velcro thread around your ankle. Once attached, please DON’T remove it until you have completed your Triathlon. We will endeavour to provide all timing splits, but this is not guaranteed. Lost chip charge is £35, so secure it well. We will collect it at the finish line.
PLEASE NOTE: Only competitors are allowed in the transition area. You will be given a security-numbered wristband attached at registration. This wristband allows access in/out of the transition area and may only be removed by crew checking your equipment on final departure from Transition.
- ON COURSE HYDRATION: There will be one drinks station at the half-way point of the run course. All athletes should be self-sufficient and bring water / drinks with them for both your bike and run sections.
FINISH LINE: The finish line will be self-service – please collect your Medal, Water, SIS product and Erdinger Alkoholfrei from the tables keeping your distance from others. Please collect your bike and equipment from transition promptly to enable crew to clean the racking prior to subsequent waves using it.
- No mobile phones, personal stereos, MP3 players or iPods to be used in Transition or during the event itself at any time.
- It is forbidden to mark your position in Transition.
- Your cycle helmet is to be on and fastened before you touch your bike and remain on and done up until after your bike is racked.
- It is forbidden to cycle in Transition.
- Disc brakes are allowed in triathlons and duathlons.
- Drafting* is forbidden on the bike.
For more information and the latest rules, visit the BTF Website.
*Drafting is cycling too closely behind another cyclist and gaining an advantage. The drafting zone is 10m, so keep at least 10m behind the cyclist in front unless you are overtaking over a 20 second period.