Jubilee River Swim 2018
A great river swim and an epic day out along Berkshires secret river.
Now in year seven, the event they said could never be done!
This 10k swim can be tackled as an individual or as part of a relay team of 2, 3 or 4 people. In fact the total distance of 10k includes 500m on dry land as you exit the water on three occasions to avoid oncoming weirs. These points are perfect for our three feed stations.
The 2018 event looks set to fill earlier than ever, so don’t delay. If you’d like to enter, we suggest you ENTER!
Swim Times & Groups
We are likely to have four swim groups, starting at 9.30am, 10am, 10.30am & 10.45am respectively. The first group will be for the swimmers with slower predicted times, with the fastest swimmers in group 4. Swim groups and your start times will be confirmed 10-14 days before the swim.
If you would like to start in the same swim group as friends, family, people you’re travelling with etc, we will do our best to accomodate you. You will need to get your request in before March 31st. Dealing with 100’s of requests at the 11th hour is hassle we’d rather avoid. Get organised!
Water Temperature & Wetsuits
For the six years of the Jubilee River Swim, water temperature has varied between 14.4 & 16.7 degrees. The swim isn’t wetsuit compulsory, so you’ll have the option of being in our skins category within the entry form.
Solo Entry – £75
Team Entry – £100
– Plenty of kayakers covering all water safety and medical staff covering each swim group
– The swim will be chip timed, with split times for relay swimmers
– Transport is provided free of charge for swimmers, spectators bus tickets are available for £5 and should be purchased during online entry.
– The best way for spectators and relay swimmers to follow the action is to walk along the towpath. You can be yards from the action on the cycleway along the river. – There are feed stations at each weir, 3 along the course. These will offer bananas, flapjacks etc along with water, cola, hand sanitiser, foil blankets etc. You can have your own fuel taken to feed stations of your choice.
– Fantastic medals to all swimmers
= Prizes for 1st three men & women solo swimmers and 1st relay team. Prizes for skins swimmers.
= Registration on the day will be from 7.30am
– We don’t offer refunds or deferrals on swim entries at all once you have entered.