International Junior Tri Dash Event 2019
The inaugural Junior Tri Dash Bangkok series has been a great success. The four races in 2018 attracted a total of more than 400 junior triathletes. Building on the success of 2018, we are launching the 2019 series with a total of five races from January to October. The five races will be held on Saturdays, all of them the day before the respective adult Dash races.
The entry fee is THB 1,200 per race or THB 5,500 for the five race package. Every junior athlete racing their first race of the season will receive a starter kit that comprises of a Tri Dash t-shirt, a drawstring bag, a race belt, and a bike bottle. If you sign up for a minimum of three races you will receive a Tri Dash visor and if you sign up for the whole five race series you will receive a Tri Dash tri suit.
There are finisher medals as well but with a twist. Finish your first race and you will get a bronze medal. After finishing three races you will get a silver medal and if you finish all five races you receive the prestigious gold medal.
There will also be a series points system allowing junior athletes to accumulate points throughout the series with the top three athletes in each age group receiving a trophy and prizes at the season finale in October.
There will be some variation to the rules depending on the race format.
– Athletes race at their own risk.
– Athletes must be medically fit to race.
– Athletes must prepare own water for their bikes.
– Athletes must sign a waiver form before they race.
– Athletes must wear their race number and be marked on their arms and legs.
– Race briefing is held at the pool before the race starts. Attendance is compulsory.
– Athletes should not leave any valuables in their bags at the transition area. The race organizers do not take responsibility for lost items.
– Athletes must keep in the correct swim lane. Any overtaking must be done safely. Try not to crash into oncoming swimmers.
– Athletes must keep count of the laps themselves.
– Athletes’ bikes must have working brakes and be safe to race on.
– HELMETS ARE COMPULSORY. No helmet No race. There is a mandatory helmet check for proper fit at registration. Athletes will not be allowed on the race course until they have properly adjusted their helmet.
– Athletes mount their bike on the left hand side of the road and must be cautious of bikers already racing on the road when they start
– Athletes must keep to the left of the road when biking, pass on the right, keep far right when passing until they have cleared the drafting zone, and shout “on your right” when passing.
– There is one sharp left turn that has a little bit of sand just after the road narrows to one lane at about 4.2 kms. Athletes must slow down and be careful where this is marked. This is a no passing in this area.
– Athletes dismount the bike on the left hand side of the road at the bike finish and run their bike into transition.
– NO DRAFTING on the bike. NO EARPHONES on while biking
– Athletes must keep count of the loops themselves.
– Tops are compulsory in the bike and run
– At the run start athletes must give way to bikers on the bike course before they cross the road to the start of the run, and keep in the outside lane as bikes will be coming on the inside lane.
– Athletes will u-turn at each end of the race course until they completed the distance, then they can cross the finish line.
– Athletes must keep count of the loops themselves
– Tops are compulsory in the run
Race Types & Time
Tri Dash Junior 9-10 y.o (Swim 0.2 Km – Bike 5 Km – Run 1.5 Km) – 6:30 AM
Tri Dash Junior 11-12 y.o (Swim 0.3 Km – Bike 5 Km – Run 1.5 Km) – 6:30 AM
Tri Dash Junior 13-14 y.o (Swim 0.4 Km – Bike 10 Km – Run 3 Km) – 6:30 AM
Tri Dash Junior 15-17 y.o (Swim 0.4 Km – Bike 10 Km – Run 3 Km) – 6:30 AM
Male & Female Age
9 – 17
Entry fee is per race per person or team
Online registration for each Dash event will close 1 week before each event date (23:59 hrs, Bangkok Time)
Entry is non-refundable
Entry is non-transferable to another competitor
Entry is non-transferable to other events
Entry fees include VAT
We accept online payment through – Visa and Master Credit Card
Registration on the race day is not accepted
For more info, visit the official Tri Dash website
Race Kit Collection – Bangpoo Golf and Country Club, Samut Prakan, 4 May, 2019 / 5:30 AM – 6:30 AM