- This event has passed.
Maui Ocean Front Marathon & Half 2018
January 14, 2018 @ 5:00 am - 12:00 pm HST
Maui Ocean Front Marathon
The Maui Oceanfront Marathon starts at Wailea, running north on the oceanfront through Kihei, the Kealia ponds, whale infested Maalaea Bay, the Pali, Papalaua beach, Olowalu beach, Launiupoko beach, Puamana Park and finishing at beachfront Kamehameha Iki Park at the south end of Old Lahaina Town.
This is a small town marathon without goody bags or an expo, run on the laid back island of Maui. The Marathon and Marathon Early Start is limited to 600 runners or walkers and the Half Marathon limited to 600; the 5K, 10K, and 15K are limited to 250 each. The run is on a wide shoulder of the road with the first 1.5 miles and the last mile closed to traffic. Otherwise you will run on the paved shoulder facing traffic on a two-lane road between Kihei and Lahaina. This is the only road between these areas and therefore cannot be closed.
The event invites the early birds (it sells out quickly) to take part in our post race dinner (booze and whale watching sunset cruise) on Sunday or Monday with the Ring Master and his crew.
19 aid stations + the start and finish.
Finishers medals for all events
Mens and Womens cut Tech T-Shirts for all entrants
Designer race bib
5 year age division awards
Shuttle Buses to start lines
Early start for walkers
Time limit for the Marathon is Noon for all races. That is a 7:30-hour time limit for early start marathon; and 7 hour time limit for regular start marathoners
– This race benefits each of the non-profits organizations that tend each mile of the race course, providing aid stations, entertainment, course monitors, coning, etc.
– Bib chip timing will be used.
– The Marathon is a point to point race starting in Wailea at 5 a.m.
– The Marathon Custom Start is same course and has a half hour head start.
– The Half Marathon (13.1 miles) is an out and back oceanfront course starting at the Marathon oceanfront finish line at Kamehameha Iki Park in Lahaina.
– The Maui 15K (9.3 miles) is point to point oceanfront from Papalau Beach to Lahaina.
– The Maui 10K (6.2 miles) is an out and back oceanfront course starting at the Marathon finish line at Kamehameha Iki Park in Lahaina.
– The Maui 5K run and non-competitive walk or jog starts at the 23.1 mark on the marathon course. (The starting area will be known as “Lone Palm Point” for lack of a name and obvious reasons,3.1 miles)
– Join the Race Director and staff for a post race private sunset cruise on the Pride of Maui. Limited to 75 runners or family members.
– Shuttle Buses to the start lines from Wailea, Ka’anapali, and Lahaina.
– Finishers medal for all races.
– Tech-Shirts for all participants.
– The Marathon runs north from Wailea through Kihei and along some of the prettiest beaches in the world and ends in Old Lahaina Town.
– See whales and surfers on your left side. (January is prime whale viewing season on Maui)
– Run with 10,000′ Haleakala Volcano and the green West Maui Mountains on your right side.
– January is the coolest and best running month in Hawaii
– The course starts at 112′ in Wailea and is a “rolley” downhill to sea level at 1.3 miles, then flat, running against traffic on the shoulder. At mile 10 starts the “Long Green Mile”uphill to mile 11 at 157′. From there it is again a “rolley” downhill to sea level at about mile 17, then sea level and flat between 17 and the finish line in Old Lahaina Town.(Mile 12 is 132′, the Tunnel is at 16 miles and 106′, 17 miles is at sea level and flat to the finish.)
– The course has a tunnel in the pali and no bridges or overpasses or freeways.
– The course is certified and is a Boston Marathon qualifier.
– There are 19 aid stations supported by the Maui school teams and other non-profit organizations and volunteers along the way.
– Award ceremony and entertainment at Kamehameha Iki Park after the Races.
– Designer medals for all finishers.
– Shirts for all registered Participant for all events.
– Timing stops at noon for all events.
– The Marathon Custom Statrters start will be at 4:30 a.m. and have a 7.5 hour time limit.
– Pre-Race Shuttle Buses are available from Kaanapali, Lahaina, to the start line at Wailea as part of your race fee.
– $10 Charter bus back to Wailea post race available.
– The Race will provide shuttle buses to the 15K and Half Marathon start lines from Wailea.
– The Race will provide shuttle bus to the 5K start line from Lahaina.
– The Race will provide shuttle buses to the 15K start line from Lahaina.