Standard, Sprint and Supersprint event, pool swim with individual starts in a ‘snake swim’ style. The lapping cycle course is on wide main roads with long stretches to get some good speed up and and the lapping run course perfect for spectators. Also you could enter a Relay Team for two/three persons each taking a section of the event.The event is an early start of 7.30am, but that means nice clear roads.
We welcome young people to the sport of triathlon and look forward to seeing entries for the Youth/Junior Sprint event (15yrs-19yrs).
Also there is a RELAY event over the two distances for those that want to take part and have event more fun.
Volunteers always wanted to help on the day, expenses, goodie bag & free future sprint triathlon entry in return. Register here
RACE DAY EVENT TIMETABLE (some end times approximate)
06.30 Registration opens
06.30 Transition opens
07.15 Triathlon registration closes
07.15 Race Briefing overlooking the transition area
07.30 Race start (standard)
08.00 approx. Duathlon start
08.40 Race Start (Sprint/ Youth)
09.10 approx. Race start (Superprint)
10.30 approx. Expected finish
10.45 approx. Prizes
• Please ensure race number labels are attached to cycle and helmet.
• Approach the non-racing entrance WEARING your CYCLE HELMET ready for the check.
• Cycle check may also be carried out of bar end stoppers, no illegal equipment.
• We check with you that YOU are happy with the safety of the cycle.
• Rack your cycle on your numbered position.
• Cycles are alternately along the rack, where possible so check which way your number is facing. Even Nos face left, Odd Nos face right.
NO mobile phones, No MP3 players, All kit to be kept in your own designated area.
WE WOULD ADVISE YOU DRESS FOR THE WEATHER, NOT JUST BECAUSE IT IS A TRIATHLON.
PLEASE NOTE: no boxes/bags allowed in transition. An area is set aside for any boxes/bags to be
stacked before race start.
• Lockers are provided in the pool changing room for valuables.
07.15 In front of the leisure centre for Standard competitor
07.50 for Duathlon competitors
08.15 for all others.
All to attend, Standard competitors to be ready to start immediately afterwards.
THE COURSE –
Please approach poolside from the changing area, on then to poolside,
Line up in numbered order ready for your start.
Please do not disturb the Swim Starter(s) they will be busy.
STANDARD TRIATHLON START (600m) 07.30hrs
Swimming 4 to lane complete the 24 lengths, marshals will help YOU count and give you a ‘2 to go’
shout. Swim caps will be supplied. Slower swimmers go first.
SPRINT START(400m)- 08.40 (approx.)
Wait/Q in race number order
You will enter the water after the person in front of you has started.
The swim will be a ‘Snake’ type (using all four lanes) starting in the shallow on the far side away from
the exit. Slower swimmers away first.
Competitors will be started approx.. 20-30 seconds apart and will swim keeping to the right.
• Swim up and down the lane, at the shallow end drop down under the lane rope into lane 2
and again swim up & down.
• Keep to the RIGHT, of the lane.
• Touch end of the pool, exit pool
• Proceed to starting point, enter water- (no diving in) -swim starter will ensure a suitable gap.
• Swim course again.
SUPERSPRINT START (200m) – 09.10hrs (approx.)
• Snake swim as above, one lap then exit.
SWIMMING CONDUCT & RULES
• No tumbleturns,
• NO DIVING (DQ able)
• Give way at the end of the length to faster swimmers behind you.
• If your feet are touched, stop at the end of the length, and allow them through.
• Please no dangerous overtaking in the lane- this is a time penalty offence
• Only breaststroke or front crawl, no backstroke
• No Running on poolside,
• Exit the pool, WALK along poolside, exit through far door and into the cycle transition area.
Briefing at 07.50hrs start straight after in the lane.
Locate your cycle, before touching your bike put on and secure your cycle helmet.
Take your cycle and walk/run to the cycle exit (Do not ride).
Stop and mount in a marked area.
Check the way is clear and start your cycle section.
RELAY (Transition)- by Swim In
Marked position (sign with ‘R’) – cyclist to stand in marked box ready for tagging. Cyclist must not be
wearing cycle helmet or cycle shoes (trainers ok), this equipment must be with the cycle.
|Uckfield Spring Duathlon||Run 3.5km, Bike 16.5km, Run 1.75km|
|Uckfield Spring Triathlon – Sprint||Swim 400m, Bike 16.5km, Run 3.5km|
|Uckfield Spring Triathlon – Standard||Swim 600m, Bike 22km, Run 5.25km|
|Uckfield Spring Triathlon – Supersprint||Swim 200m, Bike 10.5km, Run 1.75km|
|Uckfield Sprint RELAY Triathlon||Swim 400m, Bike 16.5km, Run 3.5km|
|Uckfield Standard RELAY Triathlon||Swim 600m, Bike 22km, Run 5.25km|
|Youth & junior Triathlon (15-19yrs)||Swim 400m, Bike 16.5km, Run 3.5km|