- This event has passed.
Athens Authentic Marathon – 5k & 10k
November 12, 2017
Athens Authentic Marathon
The Athens Marathon, the Authentic Marathon, is not just a sporting event, a hard race, a tough course of 42,195m. More than that, the Athens Marathon, the Authentic Marathon, is a bridge that unifies the legend with history; it showcases the strength of human will; it is a fountain of values, of social liability, environmental sensitivity, friendship and solidarity.
In 2017, we are celebrating the 35th anniversary of the Athens Marathon, the Authentic Marathon, and we hope that our strong efforts along with your presence and participation in the race will turn this year’s event into a milestone for the years to come.
We are looking forward to seeing you at the Panathenaic Stadium on 12 November 2017!
The Panathenaic Stadium is located on the site of an ancient stadium and for many centuries hosted games in which nude male athletes competed (gymnikoi agones) in track events, athletics championships as we would call them today. The games, which since antiquity had been held in an area far from the city, were included in the programme of the Panathenaia festival celebrations in 566/565 BC. When the orator Lykourgos assumed responsibility for the finances of Athens, in 338 BC, he included in the public works carried out in the city the building of a Stadium.
General Terms & Conditions
• The age limit to participate in the Marathon Race is 18+ years old (born at least in 1999 or before) and it concerns only able-bodied runners.
• The age limit to participate in the 10km Road Race is 12+ years old (born at least in 2005 or before) and it concerns only able-bodied runners.
• The age limit to participate in the 5km Road Race (Morning – Afternoon) is 12+ years old (born at least in 2005 or before) and it concerns only able-bodied runners.
• The age limit to participate in the Kids’ Run is set from 9 to 12 years old (born in 2006, 2007, 2008) and it concerns only able-bodied runners.
• In case of minor participants in the Kids’ Run or the 5km (Morning – Afternoon) & 10km Road Races (children between 9 and 17 years old), the registration must be submitted by the acting parental care and custody guardian/parent. By submitting the relevant entry form, the consent of the parent for the participation of the child in the event is assumed.
• Participants in the “ATHENS MARATHON. THE AUTHENTIC” are fully aware of and understand the full risks involved in their participation in the race, in regards to possible damages, or harm to their health.
• Every runner participates in the event at his/her own free will.
• Every runner participates in the event on his/her own responsibility and bears full responsibility as to his/her fitness condition and ability to participate.
• The Hellenic Athletics Federation (SEGAS) and the Organizing Committee of the event carry no responsibility in case of injury, damage, or any other harm that may be caused by participating, or spectating the event.
• Only runners that have dully, officially and in time registered for the event can participate in the «ATHENS MARATHON. THE AUTHENTIC» races.
• Participants are obligated to bear the race bib that they were given by the Organizing Committee of the event, on the front of their chest. In any other case, it is possible that they are disqualified from the race.
• All participants must respect and follow the regulations of the event, before, during, and after the race.
• The “ATHENS MARATHON. THE AUTHENTIC” event takes place the day and time that has been announced as such, regardless of weather conditions. Only in cases of exceptional circumstances or other force majeur incident, SEGAS and the Organizing Committee of the event have the right to decide on the postponement of the start time or the cancellation of the event, depending on the current conditions. In such cases, the registration fee is NOT refunded to the registered runners.
• SEGAS and the Organizing Committee of the event have the right to change the event’s schedule, the terms and conditions regarding participation and staging of the event, without prior notice, by posting such a decision on the website of SEGAS or of the event.
• Participants agree that their personal data may by given to third parties for reasons related to timing, results\’ ranking and announcment on the internet. Personal data of the participants required during the registration procedure are stored and will be used for purposes only related to the staging of the event. By submitting an entry form, each participant consents to the storing his/her personal data and its use for the purposes of the event.
• Participants consent to the use of their image during the race by the organizers, sponsors, or other partners of the evet for promotional purposes, with no right to claim full or partial compensation for that reason.
Registration Terms & Conditions
• The Hellenic Athletics Federation (SEGAS) and the “ATHENS MARATHON. THE AUTHENTIC” Organizing Committee have the right to suspend, or close registrations without prior notice.
• Registration to any of the “ATHENS MARATHON. THE AUTHENTIC” races is possible only through the online registration platform available in the official event’s website, or by any alternative way indicated by the Organizing Committee.
• A registration is considered valid on the condition that it has been successfully submitted as stated above and that the registration fee, as determined on the date of registration, is successfully paid, while the amount of the registration fee has been credited to the organizers’ accounts.
• Registrations to any of the “ATHENS MARATHON. THE AUTHENTIC” races, for which the full registration fee has not been paid within two (2) working days after the date that the entry form has been submitte, are cancelled with no prior notice.
• Changes on confirmed registrations (runners’ replacement, change of race etc.) are not possible under any circumstances after the closure of registration period, for any of the event’s races, or after a certain date determined by the Organizing Committee.
• Cancellations of confirmed registrations are only possible in accordance to the cancellation policy of the event, as indicated in the designated section of the official website of the event.
• Post confirmation of the registration, no further change regarding the selected t-shirt size of the runner is possible (in case of confirmed registration in the Advanced or Full Registration Level).
Race Bibs & Kits Collection Terms & Conditions:
• Race bibs and kits are personally collected by the registered runners themselves and only from the event’s Registration Centre & EXPO during the days and hours announced. The registered runner needs to present a valid identification document (ID card, passport etc.). A registered runner may authorize another person to collect his/her race bib on his/her behalf from the event’s Registration Centre & EXPO, as mentioned above, presenting an authorization by the registered runner on the responsibility, of the latter, as well as a copy of the ID card or other legal identification document (for example passport, driving license) of the registered runner.
• In order to collect race bibs and race kits, it is required, in addition to presenting ID card or other legal identification document (eg passport, driving license) of the registered runner, to also present a copy of the “bib number notification e-mail” that states the runner’s race bib, and is sent to all registered runners.
• Runner replacement(s), and/or change in the selected race, are not possible under any circumstances during collection of race bib and kits at the event’s Registration Centre & EXPO. Only validation of the runner’s data and update of his/her personal information is possible at that stage.
• Race bibs and kits are not sent anywhere, under any circumstaces, either by regular mail or any other way to their rightful runner, before, during, or after the operating days and hours of the event’s Registration Centre & EXPO.
• Race bibs and kits that are not properly collected during the operating days and hours of the event’s Registration Centre & EXPO, may not be collected under no circumstances thereafter.
Participation (Race Day) Terms & Conditions
• Participants are obliged to strictly follow the instructions of the organizers, volunteers, and event’s staff, including calls to abandon the course and stop the race.
• Any breach or non-compliance with the race regulations announced by the Hellenic Athletics Federation (SEGAS) and the international regulations of AIMS and IAAF result in the disqualificatio of the participant from the event and erasure from the race results without any kind of compensation.
• The race bib is personal and may not be conveyed, transferred, or be given to another runner under any circumstances.
• Participants are obliged to read and respect the instructions provided by the Organizing Committee of the event, either electronically, or in printed format (such as Medical & Technical Instructions, Race Manual) and which have been announced in the official website of the event.
• Access to the race course, and the areas at the start finish of the event is not permitted under any circumstances, to non registered runners.
• Every participant is obliged to complete on his/her own responsibility the data required at the back side of his/her race bib, whether it is relevant to contact information, or personal medical data.
• Use of bicycle or other wheeled mean is not allowed on the race course, whether it is about a runner, or another accompanying person. In such case, the directly involved participant is excluded from the race and is called upon to withdraw from the event.
• The time limit to finish the Marathon Race is set to eight (8) hours from the start time of the race.
• The time limit to finish the 10km Road Race is set to 90 minutes from the start time of the race.
• The time limit to finish the 5km Road Race (Μοrning – Afteroon) is set to 60 minutes from the start time of the race.
• The official time is the time from the starting gunshot. The net time is the time from the moment the participant passes the mat at the start line, until he/she crosses the relevant mat at the finish line.
• The race classification results from the official finish times. The net time and split times are announced only for the information of the runner.