Manchester Half Marathon
October 15 All day
The Manchester Half Marathon is a 13.1-mile challenge that takes place every October, starting and finishing by Old Trafford, and is easily the biggest in the region with over 15,000 runners. It’s an event that aims to truly represent all the wonderful people of Manchester and celebrate our achievements.
Since its launch in 2016, it has received rave reviews from participants, thanks to its professional delivery, flat route and amazing support from crowds around the course.
The 2023 Manchester Half will take place on Sunday, 15th October, as Manchester’s favourite half marathon places are extremely popular. Early entries are now open – be sure to sign up quickly to avoid disappointment.
Your Manchester Half Marathon race day checklist, is below. Please plan and prepare well to get the most out of your event day experience.
EVENT DAY CHECKLIST MANCHESTER HALF EVENT GUIDE
- READ -This race event guide before the race. It contains essential information.
- ARRIVE IN PLENTY OF TIME -Your arrival time will be sent to you in advance. Where possible, we strongly advise using Metrolink to travel to the event. Old Trafford Metrolink stop is the closest to bag drop, but others are available. Plan your journey here.
- BRING your pre-booked parking ticket or Metrolink pass.
- YOUR RACE KIT- Check out our event merch available to buy here.
- RACE NUMBERS- Bring your race number and make sure the emergency information is filled in on the back.
- BAG DROP- If using the bag drop, please put your kit in a small backpack or gym bag with easily accessible handles. Where possible, to avoid queues, we suggest you leave it with friends or family.
- RACE PINS -Please use safety pins or an alternative way of attaching your number, such as race pins. Please be aware these will not be available on-site.
- SPARE KIT -Warm top or even a bin bag to discard at the race start if it’s cold or wet. Plus spare kit to change into afterwards
YOUR MANCHESTER HALF EXPERIENCE INCLUDES
- Course entertainment
- Four on-course water stations
- Science in Sport GO Isotonic energy gels at specific water stations across the route.
- Fantastic team of Pace Runners to help you get around your target time
- The UK’s flattest major half marathon course, measured and certified to IAAF/AIMS standards
- Event Village with amenities
- Finisher merchandise to order an official partner goodie handout
- Finisher photo opportunities
GETTING TO THE EVENT
For more information on any of the below, please head to the Travel page on our website.
METROLINK: We advise getting to the event via the reliable tram network. There are a number of cost-effective ticket options for both runners and spectators. The Event Village, Toilets, Start Line, and Finish Line are a short walk from the following recommended tram stops: Old Trafford (1 min walk), Trafford Bar (10 min walk), Wharfside & Exchange Quay (both approx a 15 min walk). These tram stations have designated route
crossing points which allow safe access across the run route. Do not use the Pomona tram station, as you cannot cross the run route.
Park & Ride: There are over 100 park-and-ride locations in Greater Manchester. It’s easy to park up and hop on the tram for a hassle-free journey to the event. For further information on parking, please visit Transport for Greater Manchester.
RAIL SERVICES: If you travel to the event from outside Manchester by rail, we recommend using Manchester Piccadilly or Manchester Victoria Stations. Both stations have Metrolink connections, so you can quickly hop on a tram to continue your
DISABLED PARKING: We offer a limited amount of disabled parking for our participants that require it. It must be booked in advance, with a deadline of Friday 3rd October. Our team will be happy to help via EMAIL.
NEED ANY HELP? : If this is your first race, or if you are unfamiliar with the area, we understand you might have a lot of questions. We’ve tried to answer as many queries as possible in this event guide and on the website, please look here first, and you might find what you need. If you have any remaining questions, please visit our Help Centre. If you cannot find the answer to your question, please feel free to contact our customer service team via EMAIL.
- GBP 37.50 – Enter now for the Manchester Half Marathon 2023! (Ages 17 and over as of 10/15/2023)
- GBP 57.50- Entry into the 2023 Manchester Half Marathon. The entry includes an official training top and a personalised medal insert! (Ages 17 and over as of 10/15/2023)
- GBP 35.50- For UKA Affiliated Athletes only. Enter your UKA registration number on the next page to receive your discounted entry (Ages 17 and over as of 10/15/2023)
- GBP 99.00- Entry into both the Manchester Half 2023 and the Manchester Marathon 2023. Sign up here for discounted entry versus purchasing separately (Ages 18 and over as of 10/15/2023)