Maratona Do Porto 2017
Expo Marathon will be located in Centro de Congressos da Alfandega do Porto on November 3rd and 4th, between 10h and 19h.
This space is the place prepared for welcoming athletes arriving for a weekend of leisure and sports.
In this Expo athletes can collect their participants kit, receive all sorts of information about the event, as well as enjoy a whole variety of offers.
In 2016 more than 15,000 visitors visited the Expo Porto Marathon, this year come and take part of the expo show dedicated to “running” in Portugal!
For runers who aim for a given time, Porto Marathon is offering you the chance to stick with the pace of an experienced runner. These pacemakers will run with an easily visible baloon attached to them and they will run the marathon to their defined finish time. 3:00, 3:15, 3:30, 3:45, 4:00, 4:15, 4:30 and 4:45.
The Porto Marathon makes available to runners a space to leave your clothes. For this we provide own bags with a space where they should write the dorsal number.
ENGRAVE YOUR MEDAL WITH NAME AND YOUR CHIP TIME THE SAME DAY OF MARATHON. After the race you´ll find a tend of Todotrofeo on the finish line area where
you´ll be able to engrave your medal.
Price on the PRESALE: 5€
Price on Sunday: 10€
Until July 31 – 45,00€
Until August 31 – 55,00€
Until October 31 – 65,00€
Last hour at Expo – 85,00€
31 October – € 100.00
With your VIP membership will have the following advantages:
Start in the First Line
Park in the Arrival area
Access to VIP area
Wardrobe in the VIP area
Lunch in the VIP area
Family Race 15k
Until August 31 – 10,00€
Until October 31 – 13,00€
Last hour at Expo – 20,00€
Fun Race 6k
Until September 30 – 5,00€
Until October 31 – 6,00€
Last hour at Expo – 10,00€
1 – DATE AND TIME
The 14th Edition of Porto Marathon will take place in November 5th 2017 at 9:00. The start line and finish line for the Marathon runners will be at Queimódromo (next to Parque da Cidade do Porto).
2 – THE RACE AND WALK
There will be three races: a walk in distance of 6 km aimed at all age groups and non-competitive, a race distance of 42.195 km for federated and non-federated athletes born in 1997 and earlier and a race distance of 15 km for federated and non-federated athletes born in 1999 and earlier.
3 – THE COURSE
Fun Race – 6 km
Family Race – 15 km
Maratona – 42,195 km
4 – ORGANIZATION
The Marathon is an organization of Runporto.com, Lda.
With his headquarters at Rua António Silva Torres 128 4475-455 Nogueira da Maia, Portugal, with the support of:
• Câmara Municipal do Porto
• Federação Portuguesa de Atletismo
• Porto Lazer
• Associação de Atletismo do Porto
• Conselho Regional de Arbitragemda AAP
• Polícia de Segurança Pública
• Câmara Municipal de Vila Nova de Gaia
• Câmara Municipal de Matosinhos
5 – SUPPLIES
Following the rules of I.A.A.F. it will be available water supplies since the Kms 5 and each 5 Kms as well as sponges and solid supplies during the race. The water supplies may increase through the race, if the weather conditions change.
The main event, Marathon 42.195 km, will have a maximum duration of six hours.
• No control at the start.
• Not fulfill entirety the route.
• Do not take the race number to the chest and visible during the race.
• Falsify any information on your application.
• Run with the dorsal on incorrect terms.
• Fail to comply with the instructions of the organization.
• Run for up rides.
Omissions in this Regulation, shall be resolved in accordance with the General Regulations of Competitions of the Portuguese Athletics Federation.
Presentation of protests – Any complaints must be submitted in writing on the letterhead of the club, to the jury of the evidence up to 10 minutes after the end of the race, along with the importance of € 100,00 (one hundred euros), which will be returned if the protest is accepted (according to the rules of the IAAF, International Association of Athletics Federations and the FPA, Portuguese Athletics Federation)
The organization of the proof, will insure nominal sports all participants.
• Online Application in http://www.maratonadoporto.com.
– Limit of Admissions is 25,000 total participants of the event.
– The kits of participant will be delivered:
Centro de Congressos da Alfandega do Porto – November 3rd and 4th from 10h to 19h.
No kits will be delivered at no other time in addition to those appointed.
– Documentation required for lifting the back:
Confirmation of registration with the number of dorsal.
Personal identification, Citizen Card or Driving License.
– To having regard the safety of participants will not be allowed to participate athletes on bicycles, accompanied by animals, skateboards or skates.
– Under current legislation the issuance of the invoice must be requested no later than the fifth day following the date of payment for providing us the effect the number of taxpayer.
– The organization may at any time suspend or extend the deadlines can add or limit the number of entries available depending on technical / security issues or structural needs, availabilities without notice.
– Entries made online have 72 hours to make payment. After these 72 hours the registrations are canceled for nonpayment. All paid registrations after this period will be returned with a penalty of € 1.50 shall be claimed by email for: firstname.lastname@example.org until 30 days after the event. You can still complete the application case has not yet been reached maximum limit of entries and regulating the payment of the registration fee at the time of the request, always being required direct contact with the organization to: email@example.com.
Information: Tel +351220304726 (10h-19h), in http://www.maratonadoporto.com and firstname.lastname@example.org.
Marathon 42.195 km | Born 1997 and earlier | Time: 9h00m
Family Race 15 km | Born 1999 and earlier | Time: 9h00m
Fun Race 6 km | For all ages | Time: 10:30
Awards & Kit
– There will be prizes presence equal for all participants.
– The sizes of t-shirts will be distributed according to the requests made at the counter when you collect the kit. The stock of t-shirts is distributed subject to availability. In case of rupture of stock in any size, the organization proposes an alternative to the participant size. The organization does not solicit the desired size on the registration form.
– The “finisher” t-shirt from Asics will be delivered at the end of the race for all participants on the marathon.
The organization will make available to participants of the Marathon and 15k Race Family wardrobe. At the place of departure bags provided by the organization may be filed by participants and collected later at the finish. The bags should be labeled with the number of back of the participant. Do not keep loose objects (eg. Jacket, helmet, cell phone, etc.) The organization assumes no responsibility for any loss of property.
Fun Race: Has no ratings, is a race of pure living.
Family Race: There will be cash prizes for the top 5 men and top three women veterans and senior men and women
Marathon: Individual ratings for athletes: senior male and female veterans M35-M40-M45-M50-M55-M60 and F35-F40-F45-F50-F55-F60 veterans.
Race is timed with the electronic system Runporto – MyLaps.
Chip – Electronic Detection System
All athletes enrolled in Marathon 42.195 km and 15km Race Family should use the chip provided in the kit of the athlete. The chip is coded to the athlete, is not transferable. Reading the chip will only occur if it is placed as directed. The organization is not responsible for the failure of an earnings resulting from the misplacement of the chip. The organization will disqualify all athletes with them to arrange a test: 1. More than a chip 2. A chip of another athlete.