- This event has passed.
Wollombi Wild Ride 2023
September 2 All day
- Wild 64 is a 64km ride (must be 16yo +)
- Wild 30 is a 30km ride (must be 12yo+)
- Wild Shorty is a 13km ride (must be 8yo +) – designed for non-serious riders, novices and family groups.
Note on Ages: We have set the ages to reflect the standard of ability to participate in the event safely. If your child is experienced, then we can give special consideration. Please get in touch with us at firstname.lastname@example.org to seek permission to enter children under the age category. Please note a small amount of traffic will be present in some sections of the course.
STANDARD ENTRY FEES
- Member of MTBA – $95 – early bird subtract $10
- Non-Member of MTBA – $102 – early bird subtract $10
- Member of MTBA – Adult $75 – Child $55 – early bird subtract $5
- Non-Member of MTBA – Adult $82 – Child $62 – early bird subtract $5
- Member of MTBA – Adult $45 – Child $40 – early bird subtract $5
- Non-Member of MTBA – Adult $52 – Child $47 – early bird subtract $5
Wild 13 – Family $155 (Max 4) – early bird subtract $10
Note Early bird entries until 1 July 2022
- All entries by 22 Aug receive a free souvenir T-Shirt and finisher medal.
- Late Entries after 20 Aug pay an additional $10
- Wild 66 starts at 8.00 am
- Wild 32 starts at 9.15 am
- Wild Shorty starts at 9.30 am
The race compound will be on the grounds of the Wollombi Tavern off Great North Road, Wollombi, Hunter Valley, NSW. About 20min from Cessnock and about 90min from Sydney.
RACE KIT COLLECTION
At the Race Compound, behind Wollombi Tavern, Wollombi, off Great North Rd on Event Day from 7.00 – 9.15 am. You must collect your registration kit 45min before your race start.
COURSE INFO GENERAL
Note Undercliff Winery and Moores Rd is private property and unavailable for general public rides outside the event.
The race compound and registration area will be on the grounds of the Wollombi Tavern. From there, riders will marshal for their starts and head out the back gate and onto Yango Creek Rd. All courses start and end here, with the finish being a right-hand turn into the grounds of the Tavern to the finish arch. The Wild Shorty course is out and back, and the Wild 66 is a looped course, with the Wild 32 looped and out and back. Please note there are no road closures on the main tracks, and normal road rules apply when using the roadways. We do not expect much traffic, and a traffic management plan will be in place. Please be aware the course has some very steep climbs and descents. The surface is mostly fire trails and gravel roads with various degrees of condition, from ‘rough as guts’ to quite smooth. Note Undercliffe Winery and Moores Rd are private property and unavailable for general public rides outside the event. This course is under review given constant breaches of private property by practising riders!!!.
WHAT DO YOU GET FOR YOUR ENTRY FEE?
- Easy access to event info
- Easy online entry system. You will be charged a processing fee by Active Network.
- Direct contact to the Event Director for Course event info
- A souvenir t-shirt (if entered by 20 Aug)
- A souvenir Bike number
- Electronic timing and results of your ride
- Race drink stations where required
- Traffic Management planning for the event
- A professionally staged event compound and atmosphere
- Public Liability Insurance held by the organiser
- Awards ceremony with spot category winner prizes and random draws
There will be one opportunity to refill your water. This will be at 22km and 56km on the 66km course and approximately the 22km mark on the 32km ride. We suggest you start with two full biddons.
COURSE MARSHALS AND EMERGENCY PLANNING
Laguna Volunteer Bush Fire Brigade and CREST are assisting with the event. There will be marshals at key intersections. If you have difficulty or identify other competitors with problems, please let these marshals know, and we will deploy the appropriate medical or logistical support. A sweep vehicle will collect any withdrawals and respond to any medical emergencies.
Medals will be awarded to 1st, 2nd and 3rd places in each category. The age/year categories are:
- 8 -11 – 12km only
- 12 -14, 15-17 – 12km and 30km only
- 16 -17 – Junior
- 18 -29 – Senior
- 30 -39 – Sub Vets
- 40 -49 – Vets
- 50 -59 – Masters
- 60-69 – Grand Masters
- 70+ Legends
- OPEN E-BIKE CATEGORY
H Events hold a sports public liability cover for this event. This does not cover you for personal injury. You are responsible for your own personal accident cover. A licence from Mountain Bike Australia is held for this event.
Wollombi has some very nice but very limited number of B & B and cottage accommodations. Have a look at the Wollombi Valley web page http://www.visitwollombi.com.au
PLEASE CHECK WITH THE PUB BEFORE PLANNING TO CAMP.
Free short-term camping is normally allowed on the grounds of the Wollombi Tavern. There are toilets but no showers. It is very close to the pub and race compound and a great spot to hang out the night before and after the race. Contact the pub to book some space on 4998 3261.
NO BYO while the Tavern is open. Food and drinks are available seven days and nights. Please leave the area tidy. Dogs are allowed on a lead.
Parking will be available on the southern side of the Tavern or along Great North Rd on the north side of Yango Creek Rd. Please DO NOT park on Yango Creek Rd.
LIVE MUSIC POST-EVENT
Will be available live on race day