Trail Run Australia Tomaree
September 3 All day
Join us for some of Australia’s most scenic and challenging trail run courses.
The Tomaree Trail Run Festival is hosted in conjunction with the TreX Cross Triathlon Series, which together make up an action-packed weekend of off-road events for the entire family.
Taking in some of the most spectacular coastal, beach and bushland trails, this trail run festival will delight, challenge and inspire trail runners of all ages and abilities.
Based in Fingal Bay, the courses challenge runners with a diverse array of terrain and scenery, from the beauty of Tomaree National Park to the expansive coastal views from the Tomaree coastal trail, to the challenge of the Samurai Dunes, to the rocky coastlines and the awe-inspiring white sandy beaches of Fingal Bay. This course offers every trail run experience in one spectacular and iconic location.
So whether your a hardcore trail runner, a weekend warrior, someone who just loves getting in 2 the outdoors, or a family and kids, there’s something for everyone at Trail Run Australia Tomaree.
- Date: 3 SEP 2023
- Events: TRA21 | TRA12.5 | TRA6 | Kids Mud Rats
- Location: 3 Marine Drive, Fingal Bay, Port Stephens, NSW, 2315
A big In2Adventure welcome to T8 Running, who will be providing some great prizes for our Trail Run Australia athletes.
Our goal here at T8 is the production of ultralight, supercool and chafe-free running gear.
Human ingenuity to help you beat the most challenging conditions, and our T8 gear has been tested globally in various conditions. Our commando underwear and sherpa shorts are highly functional and aim to maximise comfort during those long sessions and races. Plus, they are also great for everyday casual wear. To find out more about this fantastic gear, visit the website here.
All athletes must register at Race HQ at the allocated times before the event.
Please refer to the Event Timetable for registration times
WHAT TO BRING TO REGISTRATION
- A copy of your entry confirmation email (hard copy or electronic); and
- Compulsory Equipment for the equipment check
- Line up in the queue as indicated by the signs at the Race HQ tent.
- Officials will check that you have all the compulsory equipment
- Advise officials of your name
- Check your details on the registration screen.
- Collect your race bag.
- Collect pins for your race number at the table near the registration desk (if required).
- Get ready to Run!
- It is a race rule that all participants must have their race number visible on their front torso during the event. This is important as marshals will monitor competitors’ progress around the course and must be able to view each runner’s number. Non-compliance will result in penalties.
- The race number can be worn on a race belt or attached to the outermost garment on your front torso using safety pins.
- Ensure the number is safely secured. If your number is lost on the course, please report the loss to the Race Director immediately.
- Participants are not permitted to enter the course without displaying their allocated number.
- Numbers are not to be cut, altered, disfigured, damaged, covered or obscured. Penalties, disqualification and fines will apply in this circumstance.
TIMING ANKLE BANDS
- Attach the timing band to your left ankle, with the chip facing outwards. If you’re unsure, please see one of our friendly marshals at Race HQ.
- Ensure the timing chip is fixed securely, as it is the participants’ responsibility to return the timing strap on completion of the event. If the belt is not secure or there are any issues with the velcro, please report this to an event marshal before the event’s start so this can be fixed before the start.
- Participants agree to return the timing strap on completion of the race. If a timing chip is lost or not returned at the end of the event, a $50 replacement fee will be charged to the participant’s credit card.
Presentations will occur when all or most athletes have finished the run.
Please refer to the Event Timetable for presentation times.
PRIZES AND MEDALS
Finishers’ medals will be presented to all participants who complete the entire course. Prizes and medallions will be presented for first place and medallions for second and third places. Participants are required to be present in person to collect category prizes and spot prizes. Based on past circumstances, to ensure all prizes and medallions go to the rightful recipients, it is impossible to give medals or prizes to other persons in the recipient’s absence.
- BREAKFAST | LUNCH | PREMIUM BEERS
Nestled between public parks, the Surf Life Saving club and some of Fingal Bay’s most picturesque beaches, Longboat Cafe at Fingal Bay serves beautiful breakfasts, lovely lunches and premium beers.
From Longboat Cafe, you can watch your young ones playing in the joining park whilst indulging in our farm fresh and free-range menu items. With a pick-me-up coffee or an ice-cold treat, your time enjoying the beach has just become the perfect day. Visit the Longboat Café website.
- FACILITIES AT FINGAL BAY FORESHORE
Fingal Bay Foreshore Reserve and Fingal Beach are scenic locations. The foreshore reserve has a large children’s playground, beach pedestrian access and car parking. There is a dog off-leash exercise area within the budget. Please note that dogs are prohibited on the beach.
- Kiosk / Cafe
- Public amenities & showers, including disabled amenities
- Car Parking
- Outdoor exercise equipment
- Picnic seating
- Beach access and access to the Fingal Bay Surf Club
- Dog off-leash exercise area
- Boat Ramp
- EVENT PARKING
There is ample parking located near Race HQ, including:
- The Surf Life Saving Club car park;
- On Marine Drive; and
- In the overflow parking area located at Fingal Bay Oval.
- PETS AT FINGAL BAY
Pets are permitted on a lead in the grassed area along the Fingal Bay foreshore, and there is a dog off-leash exercise area within the reserve. Please note that dogs are prohibited on the beach.
COURSE & SAFETY BRIEF:
The Course & Safety Brief will take place at Race HQ. For safety reasons, all participants must attend the briefing with all equipment ready to start the event. The brief will cover all the information you need to ensure a safe and enjoyable race and important information about the course and any changes on the day.
The event will start soon after the Safety Brief is finished.
- EVENT START
After the safety brief, there is a short 75m walk to the start line on Fingal Bay Beach. The half marathon will be a mass start on the beach.
- 11.5K & 6K START
After the safety brief, there will be a short 200m walk to the start line in Tomaree National Park. The event will commence with a mass start from the start point. Please follow the instructions of the Race Director at the Start Brief.
- EVENT FINISH
All courses will finish at Fingal Bay Foreshore Reserve after a short run up Fingal Beach.