Come and enjoy this scenic Cross Triathlon in the shadow of the mighty Cairngorm Mountain. You'll swim in the cool waters of Loch Morlich, bike on superb trails in Glenmore Forest and run through stunning woodland […]
We’re all about events that are safe, well thought through and professionally organised, but that retain a sense of humour, laid-back atmosphere, are very inclusive, and great value for money. This is all supposed to be fun – right?.
Durty Events grew out of the first Durty Triathlon held in 2008. we are based in the beautiful Scottish Borders at a small office and warehouse (overstuffed with event kit and bikes that we can no longer squeeze into the house!).
Against the odds, we are now a small team of full-time and part-time people. We are all active participants ourselves – we ride, swim, run, kayak (and occasionally party!). We sometime get to race, and know what a good (and sometimes a not-so-good!) event looks and feels like.
Why Race With Us?
Our starting point when making new stuff happen is “would we like to take part in this event?”. Is it in a spectacular and interesting place?. Will it be fun?.
We know what’s important to make it a great experience for you;
- Easy and efficient entry and race-day sign on
- Great event marshals (we have an amazing team of ‘regulars’ and we work closely with local groups and organisations
- Excellent course signage (we have a golden rule when marking courses: no-one ever complained about there being too many signs!)
- Good communications, and clear event details/briefings pre-race and on the start line
- Well stocked feed stations
- Great event mementos (though we’ll be honest: we’re not wild about medals for adult races – we think most of them end up in landfill, so don’t do them at many races).
- Good old fashioned fun in a relaxed inclusive atmosphere.
The stuff that you (hopefully) don’t see is just as important; local resident/community group/business engagement, working with permissions and landowners, event documentation (Event Management Plans, Risk Assessments, Safety Plans, Marshal Briefings, SOP/EOPs, Course Maps etc.), brilliant event build and de-rig teams and contractors, traffic management plans, professional first aid provision, event communications and control, equipment procurement/management/storage, strong partnerships with key stakeholders, venues, local community groups and charities. The stuff we find really interesting and important, but you hopefully never have to think about.
You might not be aware that the Durty Team are one of the driving forces behind other events you might not directly associate with us. Some of the things we’ve managed at a senior level include;
IRONMAN 70.3 Edinburgh
2018 European Open Water Swimming Championships (Glasgow)
2015 IOF World Orienteering Championships (Inverness)
2010 ITU World Duathlon Championships (Edinburgh)
2014 Commonwealth Games Triathlon (Glasgow)
2012-present Celtman! Extreme Scottish Triathlon (Torridon)
2017-present Dramathon (Speyside)
2016-present Keswick Mountain Festival